From:
The Moderators <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Apr 2011 11:19:04 -0400
>Jimmy Odom sent a direct email concerning his jenter system. Jimmy said he
>was not sure why his replies were not posted.

We have no idea either.  Such replies never arrived in the BEE-L moderation
queue.

FWIW, moderators seldom reject posts, and if they do it is for very obvious
reasons that anyone can understand simply by looking at what was sent and
reading the guidelines.

People have an undeserved faith in email.  Email is very unreliable, and
messages are quite often lost somewhere between sender and recipient with
hint that it happened.  They are occasionally lost on the way to the BEE-L server.

The most common problem is sending to a misspelled address or not examining
the headers before sending.  The second most common cause IMO is SPAM filters
and BEE-L has an incoming SPAM filter that has been known to lose an occasional
incoming email.  I know because some were mine and they never showed up in
the queue or on BEE-L.

Many servers are 'protected' from SPAM by heuristic filters which discard a lot of
email unpredicatably with no notice to the sender or intended recipient.

SpamAssassin is one of the worst culprits and is very popular with ISPs because
it is free.  While most of SpamAssassin's discards are SPAM, too many are actual
messages and sometimes important ones. If the post office lost as much mail as
ISPs do, people would scream bloody murder, but since email is free, and usually
people don't notice missing email, nobody squacks. People tend to blame one
another, not the delivery sytem.

Relationships both personal and business have been destroyed due to imagined
slights when, in fact, an important message was never received and obviously
the intended recipient could not know that.

If you do not get an ACK from the BEE-L server after you send, and you do not see
your message posted on BEE-L it is much safer to assume that your message went
astray than to assume that that it was rejected.

I doubt that moderation has rejected more than a dozen emails in the past month
and most of them were SPAM.  One or two were for quoting the entirety of previous
BEE-L posts.