From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2008 22:29:14 -0700
Peter:
I would be ashamed to work hives with frames stuck together and boxes stuck together, for it shows to me bad frame spacing and also bad spacing between supers. I am used to working colonies with plenty of bees and also very little burr comb, as I consider that caused by bad alignment of combs and positioning. I also do not light bees that boil up and out of boxes. Pulling out whole frames of capped brood shows me nothing wrong and if I want to tap the bees off prior to to make looking at cells easier I do it. So many times I see pictures of frames with junk all over them and sloppy to look at and work with......why? Bees don't have to be worked that way. Also if you think no bees in colonies by your assumptions, come on out and see......you might be surprised when you get inside to see what is actually there, but quiet working. As for foragers flying around, I see that as no problem. Now if stinging that would be another concern. But they do not normally
 do that, even when I go thru for quick splits once a year.......

Dee

Be a better friend, newshound, and