From:
"Jeffrey R. Hills" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2012 09:11:27 -0400
Unlike the years between 2006 and about 2010, swarms are very much gentler
... During 06 thru 10 you could not catch swarms in my area without full
bee gear, swarms were too hot, and it was simply too risky That was the
fact then, I do not know why bees are gentler now, but there seem to be
some indications suggesting why."

"Another sign of Africanization?"

That was then.  This is now.