Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 17:00:20 EST
Good comments!  I thoroughly enjoyed the reading

You are absolutely correct that the syrup must be THIN like nectar to get the
queen
laying, and bees get water to dilute candy or fondant.  Also the feed has to
be in CONTACT with the bees for them to use it.

Some of our U.S. beekeepers have out apiaries 200 miles apart.  Now in my 68th
year of beekeeping, when younger, I had 4 apiary sites and two of them were
100
miles from my home apiary.  That was done to get two different honeys, black
locust and holly in one, and tulip poplar and blackberry in the other.

Have a fine year.

George Imirie