From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2012 21:28:42 -0500
>I said I didn't think we were responsible, as there was a warning to be
>cautious with pollen if you haven't eaten it before, as it may cause an
>allergic reaction. He replied that was proof we were selling a dangerous
>product.

I was going to say the above later in the discussion and point to the
lawsuit over the person getting burned while trying to clear honey. The
beekeeper lost the suit because of the wording of the label.

I was sued years ago but was not related to beekeeping.  Auto accident in
1967.I won the case but went on for years.
I had insurance but the suit was for a higher amount than my insurance would
cover.

Pete said:
 >they paid the guy's hospital bill. And, canceled my policy.

Policy cancellation happens all the time. I have found you can usually get
insurance but cost goes up with risk. One of the largest beekeeping outfits
had their policy cancelled over an employee death. heat related while
working bees in a full bee suit .  the operation was shut down until
liability insurance was found. I actually suggested to the owner the company
I had insurance with.

Most general liability & product liability fees are based on gross annual
sales from my experience. I run a small operation these days but still carry
insurance to cover.

You need to list exactly what is covered on your policy. A description of
what your business does.

These *blanket* syrup selling beekeeper policies contain many loopholes as
far as stinging liability *in my opinion*

bob