From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 22:11:19 -0600
> Allen Dick has asked me... that I take some bees and
> place them back onto 5.4 or bigger combs to see what
> happens. Do they get badly with mites again!...
> So,Hey Allen, now how do I get some big drawn combs of each
> size over 5.4mm to see if the queens drone them

Well, I'm not sure about larger than 5.4, but the common commercial plastic
foundation sold is 5.4mm (except for Pierco which is 5.25mm in the full
depth sizes).

I'm sure there should be lots of neighbours near you with some drawn 5.4
comb they would be glad to lend you.  Of course, I could send you down some
from Canada, but there should be lots near you.

What would be interesting would be what happens if they can't decide.

allen