From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 May 1996 01:18:01 -0300
>Tom and Stan,  There are three types of blueberry; high bush, low bush
>and rabbiteye which I am familiar with in the South.
>Highbush, I have been informed from a producer in one of the New England
states, has a
>corolla-petal tube that is large enough for a honey bee to enter.
>Lowbush, I am not familiar with. <snip>

My apologies, I should have specified the type of blueberry.  My comments
were dealing with lowbush blueberries, although in light of Paul van
Westendorp's
comments, much the same is try of highbush, as you also mention.  Honeybees
definitely forage successfully for nectar in lowbush blueberry.  It is not a
commonly extracted honey as the hives are still very much in buildup, but
occasionally I have taken some to try, and I like the flavour.
Regards,   Stan