From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 2009 11:03:56 -0500
>I am afraid no one has the answers on this one. Some live long, and some
>don't

Now if Peter had said these people lived longer because of genetics then I
would have to agree. Simply saying "some live long and some don't" is too
simplistic. Working towards better health such as giving up smoking and
getting the right kind of exercise has long been spoken of by health
researchers as keys to longevity (other than genetics). Healthy food choices
are important they also say.
As a personal friend of MeBurney (died in August at age 106) I can attest he
was firm believer in exercise. He said exercise was the key ingredient. He
also told me that he had never smoked a cigarette or taken alcohol in his
entire life.

On the lighter side:
"Good health simply means you are dying at a slower rate"

I might add Royden Brown ( author of the Bee Hive Product bible & founder of
CC Pollen co.) said at national meetings by eating products of the hive and
exercise he was going to live to the age of 120 (which researchers have
said the human was capable of) but died while in his seventies also I
believe.

bob