From:
Ivan McGill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 17:43:15 -0000
Here I use 6 volt used tractor or truck batteries. The logging trucks
change all 4 batteries at the same time so if are any good we get them for
about $35. That is if you use 6 volt fencers. 12 volt go for about the same
price. I get up to 2 months on a battery.

One trick we also use is to hang sardine cans on the wire, one on either
side of the fence or on the treed side. Put about 5 holes in one end, 1
right through in the middle to hang on the hot with wire, holes up so all
the juice stays in the can. I have used this every year and not one got
through (yet), lots of grass flattened. We also have lots of bears here!

Ivan