From:
John Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 1997 16:19:05 -0700
hi all,

for the last two or so weeks, we've all had to endure the
battle between the offenders and the offended, the hawaiians
vs the new zealanders, the flight of the bumble bees promoters
vs those who are not, and so on.

this list was, and is, intended for the dissemination of what
we have all learned about apis mellifera, our honey bee, not
on human morality, my bee is better than your bee, and such
"stuff".  when one joke generates over 100 rebuttals, it's
time for you all to get a serious reality check.  i'm amazed that
you think you can force your morals onto someone else thru this
medium, when all you are doing is annoying everyone else.  if you
feel compelled to bludgeon someone, can't you at least have the
common courtesy to do so privately, and not clog up the list?

at least half of the email i get each day is concerned with
the recent load of fighting, and i'm tired of it.  i'm going
to sign off the list for a while, and let you all slug it out.
maybe when i return in a few weeks, all of you will have come
to your senses and stopped, or maybe not, at which time i'll
sign off permanently.

good bye, and good luck,
  (\       John
 {|||8-     in