From:
Kelley Rosenlund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 1997 17:19:22 -0400
>The only different equipment you might need are eight-frame spacers,
>manufactured by Stoller (who also, of course, makes the more common
>nine-frame spacers).  Otherwise, all the other equipment is identical
>to the ten-frame Langstroth standard.

There is an 8 frame hive configuration in addition to the 10 frame. I am told it used to be popular with beekeepers that produced comb honey. I use 8 frame hives since the are lighter and MUCH easier to lift. Swarm control is a lot more crucial as the bees can get crowded sooner (I have done my share to increase the number of ferral hives the past couple years ;)).
God Bless,
Kelley Rosenlund  [log in to unmask]
Gainesville, Florida, U.S.A., Voice:352-378-7510 Fax/voice:352-372-0078
150 hives, Beekeeping since 1995. 8 frame deeps,shallows.