From:
Jorg Kewisch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2012 11:35:17 -0500
I am on Long Island, NY, and I worry less about my bees than about the
people. A drought during the honey flow is not likely on Long Island.

But the damage of Sandy in NY alone is $80 billion, probably the same in
NJ. That is about the amount of money (per year) they are fighting about
in Washington. It was only a category 1 hurricane, but so much larger
than Hurricane Andrew for example. The damage caused by job losses and
failed businesses is not even counted. If we get one Sandy per year we
are in deep trouble. Will there be money to pay for my salary.

If we get another dust bowl and food shortages the I may have to sleep
at night next to my bees with a shot gun in my arms to protect them from
honey robbers (who may be better armed than I).

Jorg