From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2017 08:12:25 -0500
Would you care to share the methods you use now and how you are planning on modifying them to improve your operation?  An inquiring mind wants to know.   Know where I could find one?  <GRIN>

Mike in LA

So far a cpl keys are timing and excluders.  Switching to singles with an excluder has made a huge difference in overall average.  Not to say some hives don't do well as doubles,  My current winner is one I left for dead in CA,  it’s a double with 5 full supers,  working on 6 and 7 now.  IL supers so figure 150lb first week of may.

Another huge key is taking the honey before the bees eat it.  A dearth will remove all gains very quickly.  Being willing to take honey that’s not capped is a portion also,  get out of the mindest that if its not capped its not ready.  Many times it ready but they don’t cap.

Charles