From:
Barry Birkey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 1997 21:16:37 -0600
Al Needham wrote:

> To whomever:

Good thing you didn't narrowly define that or I might have been one of those on the outs.

> Looking at the variety of comments - I have been thinking that perhaps
> it would be just best to leave BEE_L as it is - undergoing a periodic
> spate of adjustments - kind of like real life marriage :).

I wouldn't do that, Al, as I enjoy too much your way with words. Besides, just like real life
marriage, the ones that last are the ones where both partners are commited to staying
through thick and thin.

> Remember, for many of us it is a case of time on our hands during the
> cold months. I feel that once the Spring begins to settle in, most of us
> will have long forgotten our current mode of dissension and
> disagreement.

I think you're right on the mark. I also believe that given the fact that there are over 600
people on this list and that probably only 1/10th of those post on a somewhat regular
basis, then the remaining 9/10th's must know how to use the delete button for threads
that don't interest them and that they will continue to enjoy those that do. Otherwise the
numbers would be going down on the list, not up. I like Bee-L the way it is as it covers a
wide range and I can be in control of what I want to read.

> Before you consider flaming me with "What does that have to do with Bees
> and BEE-L? .....Think about it.....

I thought about it and that's why you got this, Al ;)

I would also like to point out that I have observed with interest how those who are the
quickest to voice their disgust with those who might write something that isn't strictly
about "honeybee whatever" (their view of what is or isn't acceptable), they can be the very
ones who liberally take the freedom to talk about all the non-bee related biology they want.

Maybe those few who are unhappy with the way Bee-L goes should use that simple
command, "unsubscribe". That's always an option. Anyway, everybody keep those e-mails
coming as I too enjoy the wide spectrum of interest and knowledge displayed here and
from all the ends of the earth that it comes from.

-Barry

--
Barry Birkey
West Chicago, Illinois  USA