From:
Doug Ladd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Nov 2011 17:04:35 -0500
Not sure I follow the question but I will try based on what I believe your
asking...

My feeding of protien during winter is done at a time prior to the main
flow in my area and when the maples are just starting to bloom with the
first seasonal pollen available...

I previously have not added protien(pollen sub) prior to this... This year
I have purchased 300lbs of bakers fondant to feed my nucs etc through the
winter... But I noticed dadant offers a winter pattie for 10 cents (us
dollar) more per lb than what im paying for baker fondant at $1.02 per lb
and the premade patties would be much cleaner and easier than fooling with
gooy fondant...

But my convern is the advertised 3% protien derived from adding mega bee...
is this added protien an issue...

I have also discussed winter patties with a beek south of me and he adds
mega bee as well... But since his season is different than mine with more
cleansing flight days etc protien may not be an issue??

I know its a concern of my friend north of me...

Since honey does not contain protien and this is the adult "food" the
protien again is my concern...

I hope this helps regarding where I am coming etc and doesnt add more
confusion... Email is not always the best method I guess...