From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 1995 08:39:27 -0600
On Tue, 4 Apr 1995, M.Westby wrote:

> Dear Alan and everyone else
>
> I just tried to contact your personal webpage using the URL in your
> signature - you may like to know that it doesn't work (at least from
> Sheffield!) ...
>
> What *does* work is:
>
> http://www.cuug.ab.ca:8001/~dicka/

Right, some brousers (Mosaic) semm to need a trailing slash sometimes;
others like Netscape don't.  I just accessed it with 'lynx' and had no
problem with it as always written in my sig. (below) but I see I need a link
that a text-only brouser can use.

> note ~(tilde)dicka *not* %(percent)dicka and there is a trailing slash

I don't know where the '%dicka' idea came from, unless I made a typo in my
post.  If so, sorry, everyone.

> The National Honeyboard Database is very interesting, thanks

You're welcome.  I hope anyone who wants to use it goes to take a look
and downloads it.  I'll leave it there a while, but my art gallery is
eating up a lot of disk storage and I am running out of space.

W. Allen Dick, Beekeeper                        VE6CFK
Rural Route One   Swalwell   Alberta   Canada  T0M 1Y0
Email:   [log in to unmask]    or   [log in to unmask]
Virtual Art Gallery: http://www.cuug.ab.ca:8001/~dicka