Date:
Fri, 25 Mar 1994 11:26:16 EST
Hi all,

I'm a hobbyist beekeeper with one hive that i'm afraid is being decimated by
varroa mite.  On nice warm spring-like days, the bees come out of the upper
hole, fall onto the snow (yes, we still have about a foot and a half of the
white stuff), buzz around a little, then die.

I'm in the process of setting up additional hives (packages will be here in 3
weeks).  Any words of wisdom on reusing equipment from the existing hive?  (I
assume this colony isn't salvageable. Or is it?)

Thanks

Ed

Galway, NY USA (Southern Adirondack country)