From:
Peter Dillon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 2009 20:49:47 -0300
Exerts are included in position my following comment. I apologize in
advance if they are considered excessive.

As read from:

Finally, A Complete Description Of Colony Collapse Disorder Across Time
and Location. as found at:

http://home.ezezine.com/1636/1636-2008.12.30.21.09.archive.html

Three months out:

CCD colonies appear slow to grow and are outpaced by non-CCD colonies in
the apiary. There is a noticeable population decrease going from 3 to 2
boxes, or 2 to 1, and often the bees are on only a few frames in the
bottom box…and they appear restless. Brood is shot gunned because of
dead brood removal, and honey stores begin to diminish if it’s late in
the season, but if early, the honey remains untouched. Routine
maintenance goes undone and no propolis seals are noticeable.

One month out:

Usually 8 frames of bees or fewer remain and they decline rapidly. Brood
is produced, but can’t be supported, queen replacement is often tried
and abandoned brood is common. Stored honey depends on the season…in
summer it may all be depleted, in winter untouched.

Finally:

Remaining bees fail to eat supplied food or medications, and it’s mostly
young bees that remain now, as the older bees are gone. Queens continue
to lay excessively, and the colony usually lacks any aggressiveness at all.

The above is followed by the the heading:

Visual Symptoms of a CCD Colony

1. Just days before its collapse the colony seemed to be strong and
fully functional.

etc.

If the above description is really the case of what actually happens in
a CCD colony, then the visual symptom as indicated in point #1 is to my
way of thinking is not possible!

Am I missing something ! - taking into account that I am in Canada and
un-explained losses have not occurred here.

Regards,
Peter