From:
"Frank I. Reiter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 09:50:57 -0400
I don't fully understand the capensis problem.  Perhaps somebody can help...

As I understand it,  capensis workers enter a non-capensis hive, and begin
laying diploid eggs, which eventually become more capensis workers who do
the same, and the capensis population grows.  A report recently referenced
on the list also mentioned in passing that the capensis workers participate
in foraging activity.

At this point it seems to me that the capensis workers are simply boosting
the population of the colony, but I understand that eventually the colony is
destroyed.

How does that happen?

Frank.
-----
The very act of seeking sets something in motion to meet us;
something in the universe, or in the unconscious responds as if
to an invitation.  - Jean Shinoda Bolen

http://WWW.BlessedBee.ca