From:
"Barricklow, Walt" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 12:22:45 -0400
I have been keeping bees for about 4 years now, and have 10 hives.  They
seem to do quite well
by using conventional medication and care.  They are calm bees, and don't
usually flare up, and
I take my time not to hurt them.  I finished with the bees, and moved away
to my truck and was
hit from the side.  I do not think that I was in a glide path, in fact was
behind the bees.  I got a hot
flash in the side of my eye.  A quick look by my wife, a quick scrape, and
a sting was out.  A few
hours later my eye was swollen shut.  I have not had a reaction from bee
stings before, only a
slight swelling and itch alittle.  This scares me a little.  Is this a
reaction because it was in a very
soft place, or can I look to get more reaction in the future.  I get stung
very seldom. The swelling is
almost gone after 3 days, but still tender.  Walt in SC