From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 2008 06:47:47 -0500
Hello Peter & All,
Thanks for your post!

 My monetary figure was a figure given to me by an
Australian queen breeder for what he considered his final cost to go to the
country from which the import would come from. Arrange for the stock to be
sent to Australia and covers all cost involved including his labor.
4-5 thousand for each import of genetics. Two imports I have heard spoken of
were Italian varroa tolerant queens and Buckfast queens. Only larva actually
are imported into the country at the end of the process when the larva are
deemed safe to import.
I kind of embarrassed  to post the following but to be honest I feel I must.
The
Australian queen import has refused  our attempts to import queens into
Australia from the U.S.( through their import system).
Surely I need not say why.
bob