From:
Sid Pullinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 1997 14:26:55 -0500
What have I done to deserve the following?  It would appear that I am being
reproved for a recent letter giving advice on the use of Wintergreen and
adding my personal views on acarine (tracheal mites in the States).  Would
the writer please be more specific.  For example, am I the he/she who knows
nothing about mites and where did I poke fun?  Let's be definite and then I
can back up all I wrote.
                                                        Sid P.

<<<<<Dear Sid:
There are things that change in this world of ours, especially in the
medical and veterinary fields.  Any one who at this day and age believes
that be mites can be lived with without treatment definitely belongs in one
of the following classifications:
1.      He/she knows nothing about bee mites, especially Varroa.
2.      He/she is not a beekeeper, if he/she is, he/she better quit
beekeeping to avoid bankruptcy.
3.      He/she likes disappointments.
4.      He/she should start reading more recent literature on bee mites.
As stated before, it is okay to express one’s personal opinions in
democratic countries, however, to poke fun at a subject which is so
significant to the future of beekeeping in particular and humanity in
general, is insincere.
In my humble opinion, we need to assume a more responsible attitude
regarding bee mites.>>>>>>