Date:
Tue, 18 Aug 2009 19:45:21 GMT
>>One thing that people often ignore, occasionally to their peril is that eating exclusively from a small patch of
ground and drinking from one specific well can be a crapshoot compared to eating and drinking from a variety of sources if your ground or well happens to be poisoned with some element or compound that is not immediately obvious to our senses, or deficient in some essential mineral.

Does this mineral deficiency also apply to bee colonies that range over a limited area?  [By the way, I add sea weed to my vegetable beds to add minerals to the soil.]

>>We are talking the real world here and most bees are suffering from
nutritional deficiencies periodically, and all bees experience nutritional
deficiencies seasonally for certain.

Anyone know if the bee malnutrition is geographic?  I can see pollen shortages in arid, perhaps, regions.  Here on the east coast of the US, bees are bringing in pollen from spring to fall and the combs are packed with pollen.  Can malnutrition occur under East Coast conditions?

Waldemar