Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2009 17:03:35 -0500
I kept bees in NYC for about 7 years - defiantly, I guess. I didn't
even know it was illegal until a couple years into it. Now I've lost
my rooftop access - so this spring I moved them upstate. I used to
think it would be a great to have a NYC beekeeping group, but didn't
know how to find any other beeks. Now I know there's a NYC group, but
I still don't know how to find the meet-ups! Anyone wanna fill me in?
I promise I'm not a cop!

Moving my bees has re-ignited my need to read about and talk about
bees. While only 2 hours drive away, they are in a very different
environment. My local bee club (in the Catskills) meets when I
generally have to be in the city... Luckily, one of my neighbors
there kept about 100 hives for years in the same valley, and has
proven to be a very valuable resource.

cheers,
Kurt