From:
Mark Gosswiller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 13:55:11 -0600
I have two hives in my back yard that are strong and healthy.  I also have
some old hives that I have stacked about 30 yards away that have 4 frames of
old brood comb in them.  My question is this:  why have so many bees decided
to build more comb and bring in honey to  the extra hive that I am not
using, and for sure there isn't any queen in there. They have actually
started building comb off the cover board.  They aren't bringing in any
pollen to that hive. But why would they waste their time building comb in
that hive when they have a perfectly good one with a  queen a few yards
away.