From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 2015 18:20:12 -0800
Dr. Eric Mussen one mentioned to me that  colonies in Minnesota seemed to
grow larger than those in California.  I'm curious about this, as I've also
seen huge colonies during the summer high latitudes.  My colonies in
California may reach over 20 frames of bees by the middle of almond bloom
in late February, but rarely fill more than 4 deeps during summer.

Could any of you who have practical experience in both high and low
latitudes comment on this--do colonies grow larger in the north?

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA