From:
T & M Weatherhead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 06:57:07 +1000
> so I bought a pump type dispenser bottle for him to use to dispense his
> honey.  I have never seen honey sold anywhere with a pump type dispenser.
Has
> anyone on the list used this?  If so, how did it work out?  Was it
popular?

Our local bee club uses them for dispensing honey for public tasting.  The
honey is put onto plastic spoons.  They are commonly used to dispense food
items like flavouring for making milk shakes (not sure if they are called
the same in the USA).  They are a food grade plastic.  I haven't seen them
used for dispensing honey for sale.  Only tasting where a small quantity is
needed for a taste.

Based on the experiences I have seen there is no reason to expect that they
will not work.  As honey gets thick in cold temperatures, the club
dispensing bar has around six (6) of these units in a decorative wooden box
which has a 20 watt electric light bulb in the bottom.  Just enough heat to
keep the honey in a runny state.

Trevor Weatherhead
AUSTRALIA

www.superiorbee.com.au