From:
Bill Ruzicka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 May 2011 11:12:47 -0700
This will be alittle long as I hawe to Insert "ANSVERS" into both texts.

>>This evening, I decided to finish watching Bill Ruzicka's DVD.

>Allen Did You got to this part?

>MiteGone releases acid constantly, one pad evaporates 6 grams of acid over
>24 hour period. This provides a sub lethal concentration of fumes that
>circulates between frames. This doesn't affect the bees.

Yes.  I find that very interesting and wonder how that can be.  Not that I
doubt you,
but I would like to see the proof of that.
'A" Beside trying it yourself YOU may go to scientific evidence read Tests:
http://www.mitegone.com/media.asp#science

This approach is very different from the other popular methods which are
KNOWN
to do serious damage on occasion and are suspected of reducing crops in
others.

Your placement of the pads does make them less subject to heat from the sun
and also more likely to be part of the normal air circulation of the hive.
"A" Exactly bees maintain temperature and humidity that gives constant
evaporation.
LAWS of Physics. This method is not weather dependant.

>The COSTIC action of circulating fumes breaks the mite's foot pads and
mites
>loose grip on the bees and fall down into pool of heavy concentration and
>die.
Is that proven, or is it theory?  I have not been aware that the exact
mechanism
by which formic works has been authoritatively proven.
"A" YES THEORY and our tests.  We put another sticky board in same time as
we put acid pads in taken out in 24 hours many mites are still moving legs
there fore are alive and acid caused them to drop.

>Those who don't fall; become sick as acid enters their bodies through
>respiration and their exoskeleton: of  those who enter cells, 80% will not
>reproduce.
Again, I wonder if this has been measured or just estimated.  It does not
sound
unreasonable.
"A"YES how the acid enter and kill mites are theories. But the survivor of
mites
I tested Poking 18 day's old BLACK Eye pupas according to JEFF HARIS
http://www.mitegone.com/pdfpages/Varroa%20Reproductions%20Guideline.pdf
I used in my HIRSUTELA research. It is a lot of work.

>In 2007 after my visit to the CZECH Republic, MITEGONE become very popular
>and the CZECH research institute ran a series of tests: THEY  used: "VARROA

MONITORING BOTTOMS" which are actually fully open screen bottoms with drop
boards put in at designed intervals. Regardless of the fully open bottoms
they
achieved 87% efficac y...This research made me revise the instructions.  You
do
not need to do anything if you have screen bottoms.
"A" Without them the efficacy wood be 95 -100%
http://www.mitegone.com/pdfpages/Varroa%20Reproductions%20Guideline.pdf

I find that interesting since I plan to have monitoring floors on my hives.
> BUT If you have Boards with trays you can replace the OIL OR GREASE with
>one acid pad laying flat  it will last 3 months and kill all mites which
>fall down into the tray.
"A" I have 80 Pollen traps /Monitoring boards / TRAP tray COMBINATIONS.
You can see them being used for testing on the DVD. They for sale at $ 30

I saw that.  There are parts of the movie I will have to look at again.

Are you planning to upload it to YouTube, preferably in segments?
I realise that portions are already on your website.
"A" NO we looked at that it is complicated and costly to recover the cost of
production.

Bill Ruzicka

Bill's Honey Farm - Home of the MiteGone Formic Acid Treatment
Kelowna, British Columbia,  CANADA
Tel/Fax: 1-250-762-8156 (the best way to reach me is by phone Pacific Time)
Email: [log in to unmask] Website: www.mitegone.com