From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 07:34:35 -0400
"Susan L. Nielsen" wrote:

> Correct -- so where are the facts regarding pollen? Show me that it
> does not act as a dust mop, that tests demonstrate it is not contaminated
> with environmental insults, and I will concede its safety. Not necessarily
> its efficacy, but its safety.

Nothing is inherently safe. It depends on the source, as shown by the
post on fireweed, and whatever process it goes through.

Change "pollen" in the paragraph above to "water". Water you get from
bottles/municipal systems/springs/etc. has either sickened or killed
people, and it was labeled safe.

It is a bit much to place that kind of burden on pollen when water
cannot meet the criteria. Plus, I know of no one dying of contaminants
in pollen while many die each year from contaminants in water.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, ME