From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2006 20:34:09 -0400
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Natural in the USA would mean: no honeybees. Eat only vennison, corn and
>acorns. No almonds, no beef, etc.

That’s why I’m an Ecological Beekeeper.
This way I can keep bees Ecologically in America. :)

>Without going into it in detail, the book shows how nature is not really a
>separate entity from us, we have altered every corner of the planet,

OK, If the things we do make us an entity with nature,  then you
contradict your self,  honeybees in America introduced by man would then
be a part of Americas nature.  I would say that when the natural
environment changes, it becomes natural and part of nature weather we want
to admit it or not.  Rats feeding in dumpsters, completely natural!

I know plenty of beekeepers who would just as soon
>stop applying chemicals if they could, but every time they do the bees
>croak. You can't do beekeeping with no bees.

Well, it’s probably because the bees have been kept so unnaturally they
now have become dependant unnatural things to keep them alive.  I’m now on
my 6th year without using any treatments and no feeding in my colonies,
and they are thriving for me.

>Natural beekeeping is great as a concept, but it doesn't really add up to
>more than a pipedream.

You can pick apart definitions to any term.  No beekeeping is 100%
natural,  but I strive as much as possible to keep my honeybees under a
system of harmonious relationship between the honeybee, beekeeper and the
environment, by using beekeeping methodry that promotes the healthy
development of the honeybee colony and its natural way of living together
with the needs of the beekeeper.

Joe Waggle
Ecologicalbeekeeping.com
‘Bees Gone Wild Apiaries'