From:
Mark Gaddy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 1995 23:03:31 -0400
I have been reading with interest for about 2 months now, and every time I
was about to post someone  would say just what I wanted to hear.
Anyway on to my question, I have been interested in taking bee pollen and was
wondering what the best way to harvest was?
I read somewhere( I think here) that the pollen once stored, was better for
you than pollen caught in a pollen trap( something to do with the nectar
fermenting the grains and thereby cracking or breaking the grains so that our
digestive system could use it.)
So far I have been taking some from an old brood frame( yes with all the old
brood casts and waste products, I figure more protien, but the pollen
probably has enough protien) I keep it in the freezer, but it still isn't
easy to harvest. Any Ideas would be appreciated.

                           Thanks,
                                      Mark

ps. I have 10 hives located deep in the heart of Texas, in Pflugerville,near
Austin.