From:
Joel Govostes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 May 1996 18:39:41 -0500
Here's a novel (albeit wiseass) question i got recently from a co-worker
and couldn't answer:

Will bees eat (be attracted to) artificial sweeteners?  I.e., can they be
"fooled" by Nutrasweet or saccharin?  Not that you'd want to feed them with
it, but is "sweet" to us necessarily sweet to them?
(Ridiculous, i know, but had to throw it out there.)  Just in case your
bees start getting too portly

Now if i could just get funding for this, maybe i could make it to graduate
school.  I'm already anticipating another in-depth study to try and find
out if wasps can be embarrased.