Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 1998 17:08:11 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (8 lines)
Hello all.  Happy New Year.
  I was a supervisory Inspector for 17 years for U.S.D.A..  Those of you who advocate for Federal Regulation of Honey products simply do not know what you are talking about.  We have a saying in the Spanish language that describes this situation very appropriately. (translated literally):  "It is an entirely different thing to call for the devil and another to see the devil coming."   In my
opinion, Federal regulation of honey products would be catastrophic for the small operator, and very costly for large scale producers.
In the long run, one thing can be counted on.  It will skyrocket the price of honey resulting in decreased honey consumption.  Such are the consequences of meeting
Federal inspection minimum requirements.  I am totally in support for establishing guidelines for sanitary requirements and meeting wholesome standards.  Requesting compulsory government regulation is not the right way to achieve it.  I'd just like to suggest to my fellow beekeepers that they remember my Spanish adage, and don't tempt the devil.
Best regards.
Dr. R.

ATOM RSS1 RSS2