Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 21:23:14 GMT+0200
Hi All/Andy

Andy, when you posted this recipe last year, or a very similar one I
basically went home and thought - why not try it in the microwave
(Lazy I know, but in making any sugar type treat it is easier to use
the microwave as burning is harder)

My modification is as follows:

Take one and a half cups of honey and mix sesame seeds into it until
the mixture is stiff.

Place in a microwave in a glass jug that is quite tall. Set on medium
low (900w machine that I use - may need to experiment) and watch
carefully. When it foams up be careful not to let it boil over. I
gave it ten minutes of this treatment.

At the end I let it cool until it started hardenind and then rolled
teaspoonfulls of this goo between my hands and rolled the resulting
balls in poppy seeds.

The result is a nice very morish toffy chewy thing. It is highly
hygroscopi (draws moisture). A way round this is to collect all the
little sachets from vitamin bottles and pain killers etc and bake
them in the oven and store your sweets in a tub with these in it in a
cup. (keeps the moisture away).

I however eat them very fast and that is that sorted out.

Keep well

Garth
Garth Cambray           Camdini Apiaries
15 Park Road
Grahamstown             Apis mellifera capensis
6139
South Africa

Time = Honey

If you are not living on the edge you are taking up too much space!!