Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 18:16:48 GMT
>>...just happen to have some goose wings to try, would Canada Geese work?

I don't see why it would not.

Swipe with the under side of the wing towards the comb/bees.  (I have never liked how bees got stuck in brush hairs...)  BTW, you don't need the entire wing - just the the tip of the wing: about a couple of inches worth with a dozen or so feathers.

The black/dark coloring of the Canada goose feathers might irritate the bees but you won't know until you try.  Domestic white feathers are just fine.

Please let me know how it works out for you.  A friend of mine is also a wild goose hunter - a good source of wing tips.

Waldemar