From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2007 11:25:17 -0400
Hello Peter,
I will contact you off list like we have done before.

Looks like the pesticide treated seed issue is heading for the courts so I
do not feel it wise to discuss in a public forum.

The CCD hard fact is until funding is passed the research for the most part
is stalled and the samples sit in a freezer. CCD research is important to
many commercial beekeepers for a very simple reason.

The CCD team lists four areas of possible cause of CCD. Number four being
pesticide issues. We need research to narrow the field and eliminate from
the list. As long as chemical companies can point to other things being the
cause instead of their product ( like in France ) we have a problem. The
research needed to fight in court pesticide treated seed  might take
several years and serious funding which the current bills in congress could
fund.

CCD research (independent of chemical co. paid for research) could prove
pesticide treated seed is not harmful to bees etc. which would make the CCD
team elminate one of the four possible causes off the list.

To sum things up we need to narroa the list.

bob