Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2017 16:13:24 +0000

I'm hearing reports of 70% colony losses in some parts of east coast.  What are others hearing?  Obviously can't be CCD, Dennis has told us it's gone.  ______________________________
Upstate NY, as of two weeks ago I'm sitting at 25% loss.  I attribute 2 (of 5 lost) to mites, 1 to a late bear incident and 2 NUC's to just not being big enough going into fall.  Aug treatment had very little mite fall, way less than I expected.  I typically treat the weekend after Thanksgiving, checked my hives two weeks before and had lost two large hives already (these are the 2 I attribute to mites).  Did a vapor treatment of Oxalic a week before thanksgiving had huge mite drops on all hives.  Treated again second week of Dec with Oxalic drip but have not checked my drops.  Most of mine looked very good while doing the drip.