Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2012 10:35:06 -0500
> For 10 weeks, we continually exposed full sized colonies of
> bees (30–40,000 adults) to 5 and 20 ppb imidacloprid by
> provisioning colonies with protein supplement patties
> spiked with the pesticide.

Does anyone know what that means?  It means nothing to me.

Does it mean that the patties contained 5 and 20 ppb imidacloprid or that the
bees wound up assaying at 5 and 20 ppb imidacloprid or the stomach contents
were measured at 5 and 20 ppb imidacloprid or... ???

It is probably buried somewhere in the study itself, but these abstracts often
raise more questions than they answer.  Unfortunately many scientists are not
good writers and more often that not often write ambiguous prose.