From:
Larry Krengel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 22:09:01 -0600
I have fed dry sugar in a pinch.  But there is a lack of interest in it
among the bees... even though ants will come to collect it..  I often
dump what is left when nectar becomes available.  I have found more
interest in a slurry of granulated sugar and water.  With the
consistency of paste, I place it on top of the inner cover around the
vent hole.  In a recent try, I put both dry sugar and this slurry on a
number of hives.  They consumed the slurry and left the dry sugar.
Perhaps the water content makes it more usable.

Any thoughts?

Larry Krengel
Marengo, IL  USA
Home of Dr. C. C. Miller