From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2008 12:00:16 -0800
>  The large Calif/Dakota operation did very good if he received around $125.00  per hive for Almond pollination.

Thanks, Lionel.  I realize that I wasn't clear to all.  The point was
that he would be considered a successful commercial beekeeper.  Anyone
who can break even for 11 months of the year while keeping their
colonies alive, can make their year's income in almonds.

Problem is, if your bees crash before or during almonds, you're then
in the hole for hauling expenses.

Almond report:  The main almond variety, nonpariel, is just opening,
and should be in full bloom in a couple of days.  This is unheard
of--we still have the late varieties after that.  Many years
previously, I have started moving bees OUT of almonds by March 1st!

Don't anyone expect early queens, nucs, or packages out of California
this season.

Randy Oliver