From:
Walter Patton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Jan 1997 06:55:39 -1000
Aloha to all bee-liners and happy new year
                Before this group gets split up into sophisticated sub (snoot)
groups could I seek info from the group about the correct spelling of our
beloved. Is it HONEYBEE or is it HONEY BEE. I see it both ways and I'm sure
some old drones or GOV.paid professionals will be able to set me straight
on this matter. Regarding this list I vote to leave it alone save and
except if we could find a way to make the members get a little more
pro-actice.I mean really the sweet little dialogue about re-queening and
swarm retrevial,etc are interesting and sometimes informative and yet still
leaves a lot to be desired as far as really trying to solve the real issues
facing beekeepers today.Several good questions have been raised and if the
question is at all thorney everyone shys away because we do not have the
answers and we all feel that it is hopeless to push for research help.We
should not give up we should get organized. Each of us has only one voice
that can only be heard so well and if the beekeepers of the U.S. could some
how get organized and working a plan we could have a major impact on the
future of U.S. beekeeping.This group of 4,5,or 600 could be the driving
force.No one else seems to want to lead the charge and often there is a
conflict of interest (National Organizations) or a fear of retaliation
(Publications)
        At any rate the brave beekeepers get no real help. I  for one am greatly
concerned about saving the U.S. beekeepers and food production and prices
like in the past. We beekeepers have been abandoned by researchers for
special interest groups. Here in America EVERYTHING is for sale and can be
bought for a price after all this is America and MONEY talks in this
mercenary U.S. of A.

                Well Aloha to all and Spring has sprung here in Hawaii
and the bees are building in some areas.
come visit              Walter

Walter Patton-Hawaiian Honey House and
Hale Lamalani B & B (House of Heavenly Light)
A Hawaii Beekeeper's Bed & Breakfast
27-703A Kaieie Rd.,Papaikou,HI. 96781
Ph./Fax 808-964-5401 or [log in to unmask]
http:\www.alohamall.com/hamakua/hihoney/htm.
"TheBeehive,The Fountain of Youth and Health"