From:
Joel Govostes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 1996 06:35:14 -0500
Cordovans are really sharp looking.  I was fortunate to actually have a
swarm of them take over one of my bait-hives a couple of years ago.  My
guess is that they were from one of Cornell's experimental colonies, as the
empty hive was not far from campus.  Who knows.  I can't recall what became
of them; evidently the cordovan queen was superseded.  It did make for an
odd sight when watching the foragers or just opening the hive for a look.
Sortof like angel-bees!  I'd love to see a cordovan-carniolan sometime.