From:
SEPPO KORPELA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 1995 10:57:51 +0200
A package of 10 Apistan strips costs here in Finland 195 FIM (ca. 45 USD)!
It would be nice to see a comparison of Apistan prices vs. honey prices in
different countries. I heard a rumor that Sandoz determines the price of their
product so that it would in every country be an equivalent to a certain amount
of honey, ie. here a package price corresponds to about 5-6 kg of honey (retail
price). Although the market for the product here is naturally much smaller than
in countries with a larger beekeeping industry it is difficult to understand
the high price of Apistan here unless the pricing of the product really is
based on this (as I see it) wrong ground.

*  Seppo Korpela                    Agricultural Research Center of Finland *
*  Phone  INT + 358 16 188 576      Institute of Plant Protection           *
*  FAX    INT + 358 16 188 584      FIN-31600 Jokioinen                     *
*  E-mail [log in to unmask]      Finland                                 *