From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2018 10:24:28 -0600

> I've heard that there are areas called "cities" in which millions of
> human beings live under similar conditions.

And as a resident of the largest one in the US, I can vouch that they have a lot to offer that the empty farmland in the rest of the flyover country doesn’t, :-)

Interesting note,  for Art and culture as some view it,  yes city has more to offer,

But that is not the discussion!  The discussion is feedlot concept.   For the record  communal drum feeding in holding yards is not really done.  May be a few but no sensible beeks are doing it,  its done with in hive or hive top feeders.  An attempt to keep robbing down, just like cities.  Once it starts  it’s a problem.

But back to bees, cites themselves are 100% unsustainable.  Centers for rapid disease transmission,  no food or energy production, and in no way self sustaining.  And yet here they are,  Just as large commercial farms  and feedlot beekeeping,  its done to maximize human efficiency. In theory,  as long as good medical care is available,  and a constant influx of food is maintained  then they work.  As soon as that population exceeds the ability to import,  and manage health,  then things degrade rapidly,  in all situations,  from huge cornfields which are cutworm havens, to holding yards full of sick bees,  to cites full of problems. ( avoiding picking one as it ventures to politics)

Charles