From:
"(Andy Anderson)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 1996 06:25:14 -0400
Platform Scales are often available at farm
sales. Sitting a hive on one permently gives
a fair picture of honey flows, honey usage and
in general are a fun thing to have around.
  Someone suggested a old pair of bath room
scales and with a bottom board and a pair
of contrete blocks can be calibrated fairly
accurately.
   I use a 50 pound fish scale and a strap iron
 L shaped bracket to fit the hive and the weight
is approx 2.2 times the reading when the front
of the hive clears the ground. Maybe not the
most accurate in the world but it is basic physics.
   I admit I keep good records amd use a tape
recorder to record what is going on in my yards
but in the long run it is time well spent

Regards

Beemanaa@aol com (Andy Anderson)