From:
Walter Weller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2008 08:08:20 -0600
Steve --
    I can't speak for Bill T., but "clouds of DDT" were years in the future
when I was a kid.  Rather, we floated off to sleep then on clouds of
paregoric (tincture of opium) when we were fussy from colic or teething, or
just ornery-ness.  Still available across the counter when my own kids came
along; used it on them too.

We know too much nowadays.  Hard for me not to think we're often shying at
shadows.

Walter Weller