Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 1991 09:54:31 EST
On Thu, 15 Aug 1991 06:56:00 PST KIRK VISSCHER said:
>This is to call to the attention of readers of Bee-L the possibility of
>and the desirability of sending Private E-mail, rather than posting
>everything on the public line.  When Tom Sanford posts an issue APIS, or
>Peter Kevan announces the availability of BumbleBeeQuest, it is not
>necessary, nor is it especially polite, to send your response, which is

The problem is that not all mailers have the ability to easily
override this.  Mine does, but many people respond out of habit
or don't pay attention to where it is going.

A suggestion to correct this is for anyone posting a note which
may generate many "private" replies to put a "Reply-To: <my addr>"
line in the header so that anyone just responding will send
it back to the originator.  That, as much as anything, will
reduce the number of extraneous notes considerably.

Fyi--you have to put a real address in <my addr> above.

  MacPhil   |   [log in to unmask]   |   [log in to unmask]