From:
Sid Pullinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 1997 01:42:39 -0500
Calling computer experts.  I have a problem which may possibly affect other
members on the list.  Most of my mail arrives with a normal format but
every so often I get a letter with lines many times the width of my 15 inch
screen so that it can only be read by scrolling.  For example, a recent
letter from Bob Roach, "Bee Cop" arrived on my screen in four lines seven
times the width of the screen.  It printed out in normal format at 34 lines
on A4.  Moreover there was no word wrap on the letter but there was normal
wrap on the print-out.
I tried saving it to Word but only the first two screens were picked up,
leaving large gaps, so that was no good.  Auto formatting did not help.
I tried filing it to see if it would right itself as it did in the
print-out but no luck.  It was still seven screens wide.
Am I missing something or must I accept incompatibility with certain
servers?                Sid P.