From:
Paul Powers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 20:34:26 -0700
Everyone,

I am new to the list and could use some advise or references.  We have
Bombus Vosnesenskii (a native California bumble bee) nesting in an
abandoned gopher hole in our front yard.  The bumble bees are very
docile and there really is no need at present to take any action to
remove them.  My wife is afraid of the bees and wants them off our
property just in case.  So far the bees are staying, until it is time in
the Fall.  If I need to move the bees to another location are there any
resources I can call on to have the bees relocated to another spot so
that they can continue their life cycle?

Also, do bumble bees in the Northern California area (we live in Santa
Cruz) suffer from the mites like other bees in California do?  How
plentiful is the wild population?

Thanks for your time and energy.
Paul Powers