From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2011 17:54:47 -0800

> >Do you know what geographic areas the samples were taken from that  showed
> contamination?  I am assuming some geographic locations are worse  than
> others?

Right you are--Bob's apple orchard would likely show high levels of
organophosphate  : )

From the paper:

These samples were collected as part of different studies
and epidemiological surveys to investigate possible threats to
colony health.

In January and February 2007, colonies resident in Florida and
California distributed across 13 apiaries owned by 11 different
beekeepers

In a second study to investigate
pesticides exposure to honey bee colonies engaged in apple
pollination, samples of pollen, wax and bees were collected from
47 colonies in 2007 and 2008. These colonies were distributed in
three Pennsylvania apple orchards with known pesticide application
histories and a control location.

 In 2007, a longitudinal study
was conducted which followed tagged colonies in three migratory
operations as they moved from Florida up and down the east coast
to pollinate a variety of crops (citrus, high bush blueberries, low
bush blueberries, apples, cucumbers, squash, pumpkin).

 In 2008,
65 of the pollen, wax, adult bee and honey samples were submitted
for analysis directly by beekeepers from 13 different states as part
of a program to share the cost of analysis.

Randy Oliver